Sunday 28 January 2007

Paradiddle (abbreviated)

Day. A get-up; the wind-chime only
saying good-morning; breakfast; snacks; what -
if anything - lacks? So strange to sleep; but Night.

Day. Just the same I know; go to
to work; find the legs for another fifty laps;
the doctor cruelly has no name; Night, and
__I might not hear from him

again; Day. This is this, that is that; all grey;
grey socks. first; pale feet; then darker
concrete, smeared with light; run my hands along

the wall - no-one's watching; fight
nothing, hard; fight what's overheard
from the gaps in the happy people holdinghands; Night.

Day. Before I've noticed; I should
see someone; I should be absolved, in
blinding light; one-thirty-five a pint; people suffer
__delight; and endless cat-fight keeping me awake; Night.

Day. Day; another day! One of those times
one sees the line, or lines; day; day; day; each re-called
by that damned wind-chime; Such a circle; I say I'm fine;
__Such a circle.

No comments: