Wednesday 14 February 2007

Valentine

Light through attic window.
A new day - sunday - has come into play
and we greet it with small, stale breaths; then rise, and move
down into the yellowbrown kitchen of a shallow sunday morning.

Our mouths kiss the lips of coffee cups,
and, tasting smoky, I ignore you for a minute,
preferring the papers and their printed human weakness,
then return myself - like small change - to you.

Now the light is angling, from outside, for us
to curl up again, and be coffee:
mixed and warm; essential in routine.
It wants us, already married, to fall in love.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to do this again...
Miss you!
Are you feeling better yet?

XXX

Anonymous said...

Love the poem joey!
hows it all going, havnt seen you in ages, may see you on wed in london
xxx :)

Unknown said...

You should blog more.

Rosie said...

This is really beautiful. I want somebody to write this about me...

Unknown said...

woohoo